Evergrow Christmas Tree Delivery Associate - 2021 Season
Employment Type: Contract
Start date: November 26th 2021
End date: January 15th 2022
At Evergrow we’re on a mission to make Christmas more sustainable and tree-friendly. We deliver living Christmas trees to customers across the Lower Mainland, and work with local farmers to replant them after the holidays. All of our trees are sourced from local farmers in BC and include free delivery & pickup. Since 2009 we’ve served over 3,000 customers who love having a sustainable and convenient Christmas tree option.
We Make the Happiest Deliveries Ever
Each delivery we make is the highlight of our customers’ day; most are excitedly awaiting the tree’s arrival, children are giddy with anticipation, and there may even be a decorating party waiting for the Christmas tree to arrive. Our associates get offered treats or tips, and some customers have even remembered them by name over the years. A job is a job, sure, but it makes a huge difference when everyone is delighted to see you!
About the Role
As a Christmas Tree Delivery Associate you will work in teams of two, and deliver up to 20 trees per day across the Lower Mainland from our inventory site in downtown Vancouver. We have shifts available 7 days a week, 9am to 12pm, 12pm-6pm, and 6pm-9pm. We do our best to be flexible with scheduling to accommodate everybody’s availability and preferences. We’re a small and ambitious team excited to spread the holiday spirit - come deliver Christmas with us!
What You’ll Do
- Drive around Vancouver as a team of two listening to your favourite music and completing deliveries efficiently and on time;
- Help load Christmas trees onto delivery trucks at our inventory site in downtown Vancouver;
- Complete a delivery checklist accurately to ensure the correct trees are loaded for the deliveries scheduled for your shift;
- Safely transport Christmas trees from the truck to the customer’s preferred space in their home or business using a hand truck/dolly. You may also need to do some lifting and positioning of the tree by hand as needed;
- Set up the Christmas tree according to customer’s requests and assist with any cleanup of the area as necessary;
- At the end of your shift, clean and prepare the truck for the next shift or day’s deliveries;
- Spread the holiday cheer with our customers as they interact with you! You are the face of our company, and the Evergrow community loves our delivery associates;
What we’re looking for
- Must be available and willing to work between November 27th 2021 to January 15th 2022. We have company holidays on Christmas Eve and Day, as well as New Years Eve and Day. Hey, we like to live life too.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License and have a clean driving record for the past 5 years.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, our trees can be heavy!
- Must have proof of full vaccination (two doses, with at least two weeks from the date of your last dose);
- Ability to comfortably drive in all types of weather with excellent driving skills. We especially like experience driving large vehicles and trailers, but it’s not mandatory so don’t let that stop you from applying.
- A warm and engaging personality, willing to go the extra mile to create an exceptional customer experience. Previous roles in retail, service, or hospitality are a plus.
- Some flexibility in your hours and willingness to fill in where needed to cover for others.
- Extra bonus points for a background or interest in sustainability, forestry, or arboriculture.
- You should probably love Christmas, or at least not be opposed to it :)
What you’ll get
- $18.00 per hour with a season-end bonus based on performance;
- A daily stipend for snacks and lunch while on shift;
- A Spotify premium subscription for the duration of your work with us so you can bump all your favourite tunes in the truck;
- Your very own Evergrow Christmas tree!